Community Action is very involved in making sure that families/individuals are given the opportunity to live in affordable housing. Since 1995 we have been building apartment complexes designed to help lower income families/individuals afford a place to live. The complexes are geared toward people that don’t make enough money for market rate rent but make too much for subsidized housing.

Family Apartments

Family Apartments

Family Apartments

We currently have two complexes in Clinton County, Clinton Glen Apartments at 505 Vine St and Wilmington Apartments at 501 Howard in Wilmington. These complexes have 84 units between the two of them. They are divided up into two and three bedroom units. Rent for a unit is as follows:

Clinton Glen

2 Bedroom (1.5 Bath) – $477/month

3 Bedroom (2 Bath)  – $539/month

Wilmington Apartments

2 Bedroom (1.5 Bath) – $475/month

3 Bedroom (1.5 Bath) – $525/month

Rent includes water, trash, and sewage. Washer/dryer hook ups are in every unit.

Senior Housing

Senior Housing

Senior Housing

Senior housing is available in three different complexes located in Wilmington. Community Commons at 116 Community Dr in Wilmington has two and three bedroom units for seniors age 62 or older. Clinton Commons I at 100 Commons Lane in Wilmington are all three bedrooms units for seniors age 55 or older and Clinton Commons II at 202 Jeanie Wilson Way are all two bedroom units for seniors age 55 or older. Rent includes water, trash, and sewage. Washer/dryer hook ups are in every unit.

Community Action also operates a senior housing complex in Blanchester.  The Blanchester Senior Villas consist of 40-units of affordable senior housing for individuals 55 and older. They are located at 100 Madelyn Lofton Dr. in Blanchester Ohio.

Each of the villa’s units has two bedrooms and a garage, along with built-in microwaves, dishwashers and a built-in medical alert system. The homes have hook-ups for washers and dryers and the capability for residents interested in connecting to a medical alert service such as Lifeline.

Also featured at the complex is a community center complete with a kitchen, television, computers and an exercise room.  Residents can use the community room to gather and it will be available to the residents for family gatherings and reunions.

The income limits for Clinton Glen, Wilmington Apartments, Community Commons, and Clinton Commons I per year are listed by the amount of people living in the apartment:

  1. $30,300
  2. $34,620
  3. $38,940
  4. $43,260
  5. $46,740
  6. $50,220

The Income limits for Clinton Commons II are:

  1. $27,900
  2. $31,920

Income limits for the Blanchester Senior Villas are:

  1. $27,900
  2. $31,920

For more information, or to set up an appointment, please call Carol Ewing or Amanda Jacobs at 937-382-8886.   “This institution is an equal opportunity provider”

“In accordance with Federal Civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture(USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all prohibited bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilites who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information maay be made available in languages other than English.

 To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at, or at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; fax: (202) 690-7442; or email: [email protected]

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.