Clinton County Community Action Program, Inc. is accepting applications/resumes for the position of Fiscal Officer. If interested please submit a resume to [email protected] Applications accepted until the position is filled. Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider.
POSITION: FISCAL OFFICER
JOB SUMMARY: TO ASSIST WITH THE OPERATION OF THE ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT USING SOUND ACCOUNTING PRACTICES TO ENSURE FISCAL ACCOUNTABILITY FOR ALL PROGRAMS.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist the CFO and Housing Finance Manager with daily activities in the accounting department.
2. Prepare all payroll worksheets, paychecks, and depository taxes each pay period in accordance with agency policies.
3. Enter and maintain information for all new employees in the accounting system and make changes with the appropriate documentation.
4. Ensure that personnel records of annual, personal, and sick leave balances are maintained accurately.
5. Assist in completion of all insurance and other employee withholding’s on a bi-weekly and monthly basis.
6. Complete monthly, quarterly, etc. reports as required for Head Start and USDA.
7. Assist with completing all unemployment, worker’s compensation, etc. verification’s as requested.
8. Attend all accounting training sessions as requested by the CFO.
9. Other duties as assigned by the CFO.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma. Non-profit work experience in bookkeeping or accounting preferred.